Friday, November 5, 2021

 NOVEMBER LEAVES    

Each year, I make goals for the upcoming year as the cooler temperatures of November settle in on Carroll County, Maryland at our home on Mt Olympus.  The plans are generally business related but, they also include a personal goal or two since my drive to do business is precipitated by the desire and passion I have to make these accomplishments come to fruition.  I've done my research to see the monetary gains of the year, production numbers, and the payments toward debts. I take a closer look at the production numbers and what they represent as I compare them to the previous year.   The numbers were down; the income was up.  I analyzed the information to determine why this occurred and take notes.   I met my goal set in 2020; much as I had met my goal in 2019.  For business that is.  What is truly noticeable is I had the same personal goal since 2012.  Actually, 2 personal goals.  One to finish and publish my book I started in 2009 (I have completed it 3 times) and  the second; to loose weight.  Well, I still have to both finish and publish the book.  I have come to the realization other great sellers took the authors years before the book was finally in print.  The time will come when I go public with it.  Although, I have some people around me that find this quite frustrating.  The second goal:  I took on a fitness challenge in the spring at a local gym. Now, this was a major decision for me.  I have been to many gyms in my life time.  This cost me $600 for 6 weeks.  The challenge: to loose 25 pounds or 10% body fat.  I was a slow looser...I managed to lose 7 pounds but, also lost 7 inches!  The instructors were amazed at the muscle I was building.  For some reason, my body fat loss did not register correctly on the BMI calculator.  Therefore, I officially lost the challenge and was upset for weeks.  How could this be?  People noticed.  I felt healthier.  I drink more water now  and learned to eat better as a result of the great instructors I had.  I fit so much better in my clothes.  Since April, I have lost 13 pounds.  I have worn a size 10 and medium for years albeit rather tight fitting.  Now, I am wearing a 10 comfortably and purchased some size 8 and small sizes now hanging in my closet.  I have almost completely lost my muffin top and wear a two piece bathing suit with confidence!  The challenge had to have been the most difficult personal task I have undertaken.  It felt akin to Marine Corps boot camp and I wanted to quit...several times but, I persevered.  It was painful and yet self gratifying.  I looked forward to visiting the gym three times a week.  I stopped my business to make it on time for the classes and weigh in each Saturday morning at 9 am.  This was a major feat in itself!  As the days in November have begun passing, I watch the leaves falling to the ground through the large glass windows and doors of our newly built addition to our home.  The addition had been a 'want' since 2010 when the old room was taken down after a rather big snow storm.  November leaves; how beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment