Monday, October 4, 2021

 Monitor Your Accomplishments-Scheduling

My last post was about accomplishments and accountability.  The first step, is to recognize what it is you want to achieve.  Each person has their own set of dreams, desires, and goals.  Most of us have very basic needs and wants but, those that excel generally put together a plan.  Planning comes in several different forms and covers a period of time.  I use a personal kitchen calendar, my agenda, Outlook to schedule upcoming events and, my phone alarm.  The kitchen calendar serves as a daily visual for the current week or month.  Information on this calendar is generally personal in nature.  My agenda is in a pre-printed book (purchased at the end of each year for the upcoming year) has my daily business activities with specific times for appointments and reminders as well as meetings and includes some personal appointments and reminders. I review it each Monday morning to view the upcoming week and the start of each day.  I enter appointments in red ink and items to accomplish at the top and bottom of the day in blue ink.   I use a yellow highlighter to cross off each item completed.  It's a great visual to quickly see what items need to be completed or rescheduled.   It also helps me monitor how much time I spend working. Take note:  this is how you can truly monitor your work/life balance.  Your paycheck and your family will also have some input to this.  For instance; what does your optimum work week look like?  How many hours does it take to make the money you want?  Are you spending too much time working and not enough family time?   My Outlook generally has business appointments and reminders.  Alas, my phone.  I have a 1:30 pm alarm from Monday through Friday in my phone.  This is probably one of the most important of all.  This is my 'nudge' to stop focusing on all the business activities and take time for myself.  This is the time I take 15 to 30 minutes to invest in myself; sit in the sun, read a few pages in a book, work out in my gym aka 'the purple room.'  This time is special and serves to recharge my battery if you will.  It's an investment in me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment