Thursday, June 1, 2023

COMPETITION

I HAVE OFTEN SAID I do not have any competition other than myself.  However, I am cognizant of what others are doing and I look toward them as examples of what I want to do or not to do.  I learn from others.  I learn what they are capable of.  I look at their techniques and listen to them speak and occasionally take a note or two as a reminder for future reference.  As a salesperson, I set my goals in November and look at the current year's performance.  I take note in October of what lies ahead and focus on finishing the year with a look a bit further into the New Year.  Each year, this has become a routine for me.  I keep records of my accomplishments.  

It is important to be aware of others and what they do.  It helps strengthen our tools and often inspires us to become more creative.  I know it does this for me.  Otherwise, I would not be able to grow.  And, I have no problem asking others about their success, and the methods they used to acquire it and then I make an adjustment or two to improve my performance.  I realize each of us has a different set of circumstances or opportunities which can make our work/life balance harder or easier.  In the end, I am fully focused on myself and on my performance.   I recognize what I feel I can do and what those strengths have become-not feel less than or superior to others.  True balance is within the self.  True balance develops over time.  Constraints form.  Internal walls can be built to decrease production and growth but, with practice and tenacity the walls can be penetrated or removed.

Whether the competitive spirit lives within one's self or you are compelled to compete against others, the thirst and desire to strive for better build our confidence and our self-worth.  The competition makes our blood pressure surge and our hormone levels change.  It increases our heart rate and drives blood carrying oxygen throughout our body into every capillary-the smallest blood vessel.  We can visually see the pulsating and rising of our veins beneath our skin.  We are alive with passion in our hearts and the thrill of victory in our minds.  

Competition-the game of champions and the way of life.  How you process the competitive side of your natural self and bring forth the best to your fullest capabilities while knowing the game is always subject to change.  Keep in mind and focus on what makes you feel more successful or what brings you more satisfaction.  It may not include a significant financial gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment