Saturday, January 7, 2023

VISION

 A close friend of several decades, a local estate lawyer, asked me a question the other day.  She wanted to know what my 'word' or 'goal' was for 2023 since everyone seemed to be asking her.  I have a great deal of respect for her and wanted to sound intelligent and thoughtful.  I answered with a bit of hesitation; 'complete' as I truly need to complete my website and get my book out there in the world.  I kept thinking about the word and  her question.  Complete wasn't really what I want for 2023.  I usually say 'there is a story behind the story'.  There was something about 'complete'...something behind it... something nagging me.  Something that was true and much more on point.  

I pondered this rather seriously over a couple of days.  Alas, I came up with 'vision'.  I need vision to see the path before me to complete the tasks I need to do in order to make my year complete.  BINGO!  I realized, yet again, I need more discipline.  I need routine to survive and know I must be flexible like the palm tree to sway and bend as needed.  The palm tree, the fibrous and relatively wet infrastructure,  allows swaying and yet the palm tree has great strength to sustain high winds without breakage or falling down.  I will view the year.  Focus on what I WANT to accomplish.  Not meet others demands nor take them into consideration.  That is how I will be able to survive in this ever changing world and turbulence.  

I reflected on what significant things transpired during 2022.  It started with me backing up into a UPS truck in January.  I had a nasty migraine immediately after and barely got home.  Then the changes. Since parts were not available and repairs could take months, I decided to get another Jeep.  This time, I got a sun roof!  Something I have been wanting since I owned my 1993 Jaguar-I affectionately named her Alexandra.  WHO is one of my main characters in my book:  Aruba Vacation with Aruba Joe-Alex.  In March, I decided to create an LLC for my women's networking group.  I sought a tarot card reader for some insight.   One too many conference calls on April 14th caused me to retire 18 months early.   I started a new busines.  I  retired July 29th, and launched my first novel.  I started piano lessons in July the week before I officially retired.  My husband and I made a few trips.  I even spent 7 weeks in Aruba and was disconnected from work for the 2nd time in 22 years!  I did what I WANTED to do.  

I will move forward in 2023 purposefully.  I will re-adjust my vision as I want to in order to complete my tasks and look forward to an exciting year much like I felt when my children were born.  OR, when I attended college after the semester was done and a new semester began.  I can see clearly now.  I feel rejuvenated.

No comments:

Post a Comment