Friday, November 18, 2022

PERSEVERANCE

 The challenges and struggles of daily life are variables each one of us encounter.  Planning and goal setting are two methods to use to evaluate our success over time.  But, it is perseverance to strive for those methods which we rely on to achieve success.  Be aware there are changes occurring on an ongoing bases.  Practices, protocols, employee staffing, and service trends are evolving.  Working from home added a new level of adaptation for some and met with open arms by others.

I took on several major changes this year.  Retirement (YAHOO!), starting a business, and publishing my first book-ARUBA VACATION WITH ARUBA JOE.  Some say I did not retire but, refocused.  Perhaps.  Retirement took months to coordinate with the paperwork and setting up income streams.  The business is a fun and exciting extension of a women's networking group I started in 2012 to be launched in 2023, and the book began in August of 2009 after a family vacation in July to be released in the next couple of weeks.  Perseverance is the key factor in all three of these major accomplishments.  It takes self-control, planning, and coordination.

I pulled my energy, resources, and talents developed over the past several decades to get these projects to this level.  All the while collecting the skills and compounding the rewards of hard work and dedication.  Remaining focused on streamlining processes and finding solutions.  A part of this was keeping records and folders of accomplishments and tasks to better equip myself.

There were many stepping stones culminating in a pathway leading me to this point.  I continue laying stones for my future.  Setting them in place.  Creating a border while knowing there will be twists along the way and the framework may need adjusting periodically.  I forge forward, looking back from time-to-time to enjoy the past and re-learn what I may have temporarily forgotten.  

Nothing is forever.  Times will be difficult.  Time is what we have plenty of.  Failures, poor judgment, rejection, and bad decisions are all part of the learning process.  There are endless opportunities lying ahead.  Stay steadfast on the basics while giving every day your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment