Friday, October 28, 2022

FOLLOW UP

 There are many forms of communication available to us.  Technology has given us a selection to choose from. The internet, phone, computer, social media, texting, as well as sending note cards by mail-take your pick.  Lately, I have been choosing the latter.  When I started my women's networking business this year, I fully understood the concept of  branding my company and myself.  I used the logo created about 10 years ago-before I knew I was starting W.O.W-Women Optimizing Women, LLC-to design a business card with my mission statement.  I found the perfect pre-made note card and added my mission statement.  They are both unique to me and lets the recipient know who I am at a glance.  I like to send the note card after meeting someone or put my business card inside of a letter.  

 Following up after an appointment, a settlement, receiving a gift, or visiting with friends or relatives shows you care and they are appreciated.  The value of the personalized note card is priceless.  I saved so many of the ones I received throughout the years.  I know they are heartfelt and sincere.  After I retired, I gathered the cards and spread them  across my dining room table to re-read and view.  I remembered every, single one of the people and their transaction.  It gave me great pride to have helped them and get to know them and their family-even their pets!

Regardless of the form of communication used, it provides a message stressing the value of another's time and their relevance to you.   The message should be short and easy to decipher.  If you have bad handwriting, either print the note card or use another form of contact.  Text when you have arrived to an appointment or after the appointment as a quick follow up.  Timing is important as well.  My general rule of thumb is to send the card within 24 hours of the event-no later than 72 hours.  I also like to select postal stamps of significance such as the LOVE, orchid, or flag stamps.  They mean a lot to me.

Even after a personal visit with friends or family let them know you made it home safely so they don't have to worry about you; particularly, when the weather is a bit nasty or the hour is late.  When friends or family leave our home, I generally ask them to text me  they when arrive home safely.  We live farther away from most of our family and friends.  The drive is at least an hour for many who visit.  I do the same after I arrive home.  It gives us peace of mind as I am sure it does the same for them.  It only takes a few minutes/moments to show how much others mean to you and your business.


No comments:

Post a Comment