Thursday, July 24, 2014

Famous Advice

I've been to several Random House Publishing's author book signings at the local community college.  The authors I have met spoke before an audience and engaged in a question and answer segment prior to the book signings.  Last Saturday, I drove an hour and fifteen minutes to Boonsboro, Maryland to meet Nora Roberts at a book signing expecting a similar experience.   There was no classroom or auditorium for questions and answers.  I did meet Nora, purchased several books that were personally autographed, and had an opportunity to speak with her for about five minutes before I was politely asked to leave by her assistant (in an effort to allow the rest of her fans to spend some time with the world renowned author) .  What am I saying; get some information about the situation/venue beforehand - know what the circumstances are and plan accordingly.  The bottom line; Nora enlightened me on my writing path and gave me well received advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment